Thursday, August 14, 2008

National Gold Medal !!??

Wow,

Who would have thought Hong Kah Sec would be in the National Finals?????

This is indeed something so spectacular, something so unimaginable.......

Lady Luck must have been on our side man.

The match was something you would wish you have watch it.

Before the match, the day before, I somehow spraine my right ankle. I jump and landed wrongly man. How scared was I !!!!!!!

Tomorrow, is the match of "my life"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you heal a spraine ankle in ONE day????!!!!!!!!!

I go ice and rub it but like no use. It did not heal fully. How to play my best when you are injured???? Thursday is NATIONAL SEMI"S FINAL!!!! Friday is NAFA test 2.4 km run. How siah????

I did pray. I managed to control the pain. I believe it was God that helped me numb the pain.

[The actual day]

AARRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I wokeMy ankle still feel pain but now feel MORE pain!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still play lah. Of course, I want to play in this kind of game. Plz lah, who would not play if they got such a chance???

I feel that I did not behave the way God would want me to behave. And usually, God would show me through myself by making me lose. And I would reflect on it. But how siah, if I lose then all over leh .....!!!

I repented of course, you would have seen the change before and after recess.

I was so nervious, This was the first time I was going to play in a national semi final!!!!!!!!!!

I prayed. I prayed so much more different lor. I instaed worshipped God in my heart. I ask him to help me through this thing. I said that whatever might happened, I will alway praise you.

On the way there. I saw this memory verse in the bible. It was on a school's wall. It wrote:" With God all things are possible". How I thank God man. He was talking me. He was saying that only with me can you go in to the national final.

From then, I changed my thinking. I said to myself that I have no power, no power to decide the outcome. Only God can do so.

The match then started. 5 minutes into the game. We were one zero up thank to Shazwal great pounding on the ball when I managed to tricked the defencer that I was going to take the ball but I let is bounce. Man, what a great strike that was. The National Final now did not seem so far away.

BUT 10 minutes later, they equalized from a corner. It was our mistake. No one cleared the ball and they headed in the ball. I was so sad. Waht a beautiful goal was cancelled out by a dumb goal. I like said to God, pleaze help me. Let me celebrate this match.

I had seem to put my faith on the line. I then fought back with myself. I said : Why should I put it on the line. Why should I? What is more important? The rest of my eternity with God or this match. I knew those thought that put my faith on the line was from the Devil. He keeps on lying on and on lor. No break in between siah. No day shoft or night shift siah. He very hardworking one, he work 24/7 a day siah. Must learn his no slacking attitude.

From then on, we were under so much pressure. All the time! They just attacked and attacked. They did not play the passing football game. They played like how not so good schools play. They just take the ball and pump it into our half and wait for our mistake and score. I find that a very lousy way of playing "The Beautiful Game". Luckily, for the first time the defence seem quite solid.

Then came half-time, We were scold for allowing such a soft goal. The goal was like as if we give them siah. And now, we are tied. If it continued like this, it would mean a penalty shootout. But in the second half, we tried to score and so did they but they were attacking most of the time. We would find some space some times but we cannot score. They then pump a long ball into our court. Our last man miss it completely, their striker got the ball. He WAS ONE ON ONE WITH OUR KEEPER. HE KICKED IT BEHIND THE GOALKEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS ROLLING NEARER AND NEARER INTO OUR GOALPOST. OUR DEFENCERS RAN AND RAN..................................................................................................................................................


LUCKILY, we manage to kick it onto the goalpost but the striker was closing in!!! He was tackling our defencers!!! We were slugging our way out!!!! The ball was on the LINE, it can go either way!!!! It could decide who will go through to the FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We anyhow kick the ball. Kick there, they kick back, we were playing tennis lor hit the back and forward only got no net. And finally, the ball was cleared. The pressure was lifted. And oh ya, I nearly forgot, Greenview brought a lot of supporters, about 2 buses but not as much as JVS. They bring about 5 buses of supporters only to see themself lose only lor. But not matter waht. They scream to high, I scare till can pee in the pants siah ( Note: I did not pee in my pants!!!!)!!!!

The game was brought into extra time and I was taken out in the sart of the second half of extra time. I was so scared. There was only 5 minutes seperating the penalty shootouts and then!!!

But we were brought into penalty shootout. And the result was this:

Hong Kah's no. 7 take the spot kick and ......... he converts it.

Greenview also converts theirs.

Now, Hong Kah's no. 18 takes it and the keeper is diving the wrong way BUT he manages to tip it away!!!! It is saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greenview slots it in again!!!!!

So 2-1 in Greenviews favour.

Hong Kah and Greenview both convert their 3rd and 4th kick.

AND NOW, the deciding penalty kicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who will go into the national final???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-3 to Greenview, Oh now, it is 4-4!!! Hong Kah just converted their chance.

NOW, the deciding kick. Nerves have to show up.The Greenview player talk a few steps back and he runs forward.......................................

And he shots in to the top corner BUT the keeper managed to save it!!!!!!!!!!

4-4 is the score for the penalty shootout!!!

Now, for Sudden Death!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I was so nervious then. My teamates were praying. I heard him mumble words out. I was wondering??? Can you see God and the Devil hands around each other ????

My guess NEVER.

Let's continue,

Hong Kah shots......................................................................... And he converts it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greenview shots now .............................................................. But it is SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hong Kah are now through to the National Finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celebrate man!!!!

I must thank God indeed!!! And now, I can dream about National Champion!!!!

I really thank God for this chance, this chance is indeed something that may never happen again. This is the first time that I see for he first time God has show me that he really helps me. Last time, I would lose everytime I prayed. But now, he has showed me that he made me lost to show me my mistakes but no matter what happen he would help me still. He has done the impossible lor. He has show me that truly, all things are possible through God who has saved us and that we cannot do such things.

How Great is our GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s Could our give your coments on my comentation, ok?

No comments: