Friday, August 22, 2008

A Childhood Dream fufilled

I am now currently emotionaling(if you understand),

I had a childhood deam that I will one day play in the Jalan Besar Stadium, I had heard that the field there was good. I wanted to play there went I saw it, how big it was.

Today, I played there. My childhood dream was fulfiled but that was not my aim totally. I was playing there for one reason. And that one reason was to become National Champions there! To send back the Singapore Sports School back home feeling sad. But things did not turn out the way they were.

We lost to Sports School after extra time 2-1, It was just 2 more mins to penalty-shootout!!!!

We score first, we were leading Sports School after I wa fouled near the penalty box and our captain score from the free kick!!!!!

So 1-0 up, we were. We now believed that we could win it.

We defended and defended, ran and ran, Cramp and cramp all the way but somehow, Sports School manage to get a penalty!!!! Somehow!!!!

They scored so we were now levelled.

We had our chances but kicked it over so we then brought Sports School to extra time only after we were all cramping. About 6-7 players were cramping and some at sports school side were cramping. We were all going all out.

I think you people know what happen during the extra time, they scored after we were all so tired.

But before the match, I was not confirm to start in the starting eleven coz I was to nervious of the final. I was not performing up to standard. But still I manage to start. It was so cool to walk out of the tunnel into the field. The music they played was so grand lor. What a nice experience. The field was indeed good.

But despite the nice experience, I broke down into tears after the final whistle. I just could not believe that we had just been robbed of being national champions!!!!! But I tried my best to not cry in front of the camera. But still my eyes were very red. Then sfter I collected the medal, I started to cry again. My school vice principal and principal had to say words of encouragement to me to stop me from crying like you all did your best, and you ran especially the most but still la, I like no face le. Haha

Despite the outcome, I want to thank Jun Hoong for coming to support me, Mathew for encoraging me, my classmates for encouraging me, my teachers for encoraging me, my soccer boots for letting me play so well and that was his final game with me, I am sad that it will leave me and I m sorry I could not give it a farewell present of being national champions and last but not least God for bring me into this final. I had a lot of pressure to perform so that we will win but we did not.

So we are national runner-ups, not bad a result.

So thank you, and I am not sure this blog will be so updated now since my soccer season is over.

No comments: