Tuesday, March 20, 2012

KL reflections.

Hi all, havent had much time to blog! Too lazy to blog about KL, but here were some reflections I wrote back in KL... You might not understand, but I won't edit it. Need to mug for CTs...

Forgive. Pretty easy to say, extremely hard to do.

Well, I am finding it really hard to forgive now. Played our first soccer match today, and I was being marked, and wrestled. Yes, wrestled! Who holds you by the neck and drag you to the ground? Who inserts his studs into your leg until there are marks. Who gives you at your knee, threatening my chances of playing one last season. Who tackles you until u can somersault in the air?

Haizz... Was really angry, and it affected my game. Well, the guy did say sorry at the end. But it was very obvious he was out to injure me, even my coach and teachers could tell while watching the match. my face was blacken.

But honestly, it really is hard to do so. Especially during the match. If I managed to forgive him and concentrate on the match, I could have played better. Something to work on perhaps, ain't angry at him no more but would you have been if you were in my shoes? Would you be angry at someone who is out to harm you?


Endurance. Perseverance. Hardworking. When you are tired, would you keep on working ad hard, running like as if your life was hanging by the thread?? I just realise, I am not loving playing my game. Just watching my performance, and I realise I walk a lot in the match. Like as if I am taking a stroll.

And I reflected why. Why am I walking and not running? Why am I so individualistic, and not having that "my team needs me" mindset? I realize I lack motivation. I need to break out of the "star player" mentality, because its not all about me. When I am tired, I am too lazy to help out. I don't push myself, instead slack away. I am not motivated to help, to play soccer. When I was younger, I would run like a crazy horse/dog in the field. Right now, I just sprint down the line 4 times and walk back. Its really something I need to work on. Shooting, another aspect of the game, I seem to have lost touch. Now, all my shots seems to miss the target. A huge difference from the 7 goals in 7 matches I managed in the MI19er tournament. I have scored 13 goals, perhaps more already, but I am on a goal drought now. In a way, its a blow to my confidence. Shooting, something I need to regain. That deft touch, that clinical strike that could prove a difference between two teams.

No comments: