Tuesday, November 1, 2011

OGL Pondering

OGL.. OGL.. OGL...

How this gave me a headache! Hm... I was thinking about whether to join, then quit or not..

I really was put in a difficult position, one side of me wanted to be an OGL, another side of me did not want me to be an OGL.

Haiz.. I doubt I can fully explain this not really welcomed headache..

Hm.. The reasons why I wanted to do this because i felt it would be fun, then again everything is fun! Haha!! just joking, I where got so shallow anyhow make decision de lah!! Haha.. Hm..


This OGL decision was a fight among the big 3, Soccer, Studies and Church.

I hope all of you know about my big dream, to be crowned a national champion in Soccer. That has been my dream. Well, so i wanted to join OGL to enter head first and see who are the can play soccer the dudes and get them to join soccer. Hm.. U may be asking weren't the people just join since soccer is so popular. Well, not all I believe. I remember how I was considering joining another CCa and not soccer. But somehow I could not make up my mind and by default, soccer became my CCa -.- So not all the players will join, and in JJC, rugby since more cool and appealing to the duds leh.. Hm.. Haiz.. So I actually wanted to go and enter into the politics.

And I also wanted to go and play lah... Haha!! The same trick wont work. So here is the next reason, I need CIP hours.. Hm... My CIP have been crappy since I join soccer in secondary school.. Well, I have been so busy! So so busy! I need to study, I need to train, I need to answer God's call. He has been faithful, I can testify. I remember Love Beyond, and the CIP hours thing for the people in extreme makeover. Well, if it was me in need of CIP hours. Don't you find it funny why I chose not to help sinc I as good as did not study for CTs? erm.. Well, cause I don;t think its right to do it for CIP, I rather do it for God. I belive d.I embarked on LB to show the community God loves them not that we want CIP hours. Hm.. Oh well, just saying lah, not that anyone did extreme makeover for CIP hours.

So being an OGL, I would get like 90 hours of CIP! Which is wow! but then its not worth it because we will put in more than 90 hours of our time. So I rebutted it lor.. Haiz..

Then there are so many reasons that said no. Time, Church, Studies... 2 of my big 3 were against it. And by quitting, I think I have made the right choice. I do feel liberated yet at the same time, I am sad I wont be an OGL.. :(

But I told myself this. By being an OGL, whats does it do? Am I glorifying myself or God? I can say I can be an OGL and serve God, but almost everything under the Sun can be deemed as serving God. So beware when you say serve God. Hm.. I wanted this for myself, not for God. And then again, what are my reasons for coming to JJC. Shouldn't it be for studies? Not being an OGL. Then I got soccer, I will be rather packed with D.I and church stuff during the holidays or in December hence I decided to quit.

Well, I thought it through. It was hard, but then again, its time God be the main goal.

John 3:30
He must increase, but I must decrease.

No comments: