Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Today is my birthday and this year is a year to remember. Every year, I wish to keep a low profile but unfortunately, due to our class blog, my birthday was found. The class monitor told the Hong Kah 'C' Division Soccer captain that my birthday was today. So I got plenty of birthday bashes (literally bash you up) since so many people knew about it. Worse still, she announced it on the whiteboard! But I thank her for doing so cos I totally forgot about my birthday. I was so focused on the do-or-die match against Siglap. We won 3-2, another nail-biting experience.

2 minutes into the game, Siglap scored a goal (0-1 down). At the 19th minute, we equalized! At half-time, the score remained at 1-1 (fyi: I got whacked in the eye. My birthday bash was one hard kick). The 2nd half, both teams played it as a final, both attacked, both defended but Siglap scored with 13min remaining. I was then replaced because my eye was having problems. At that moment, it felt like all hope was gone since we were down by a goal and time was against us, but there was a voice that said,

"O Lord, You are almighty, my eyes are blind but Your glory opens up my eyes and I see, You are hope, You are strong, You have help us and been faithful."

Because of this voice, I prayed. 2min later, we equalized and another 2min later, we scored again! The winning goal!!!!!!!

All in all, I got 15 bashes, but the last one was the most painful. Now my eye is swollen. And there is prize presentation tomorrow for the Nike Cup. How am I to go on stage with a swollen eye?

This was a good birthday yet unlucky and painful. But for the national semi-finals, we are on our way there.

p.s: God speaks all the time, it's only whether you want to hear it or not.

No comments: