Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thrown into Impromptu

Hi all,

And so it happens again.

Amazingly, this whole week has been a spontaneous, heart stopping week. Why? Simply because I have been literally thrown into the water and asked to swim! Like what?!

For example. On Sunday, it was suppose to be me making my re-appearance on serving on Sunday.

By right, it was hard enough because I have been flying about that I didn't have the time to faithfully practice the piano. Also, the day before was CHRISTmas@D.I. which I had a responsibility to oversee the operations and made sure a relatively good job was done. As the event ended and I could only leave at near 11pm and reach home super late, which meant no extra practice time. Then I overslept the next morning, which was brilliant cause not only could I not practice, but had to burn $$. In addition to that, Lefa and I were the only ones playing. This meant that any one mistake is amplified as there is almost no one to cover your back for you. So fingers crossed. And I thought maybe things wouldn't be so bad as I was getting the feel and beginning to believe.

Then the whole set got impromptu changed just before the service started. So all I had practiced for was going down the drain. At least it didn't cause Orchard Road to flood again. But changing was not the worse part. The worse was I did not know what the set was changed to?! I was like a blur sotong trying to play my ear. :(

By right, I sound like I am whining, but by left, it was interesting. I probably don't ever want that to happen, but it had me on my toes. I wasn't able to feel complacent with my skill level and a hint that I should practice all the 300+ songs in the WAC Songbook :/ Its an experience I could do without but may aid my development in future...

Then on Wednesday, again, I got thrown into the water. Well, it usually starts with a mishap, then the situation causes a ripple effect and I get involved. So now, on wednesday. Again, I couldn't prepare myself. Who would expect to be called upon to play the guitar when I am suppose to be a keyboardist? Logic much? In addition, I have yet to touch the guitar since the first week of A'levels. Thats like 5 Nov?! My fingers have grown used to being soft. So to play the guitar after such a long break was going to be tough as my fingers would be hurting real bad pressing the strings. Also, I can't do smooth transition after not practicing for so long. Hence, was a bit messy. Never led nor asked to come out with a set before until today. But I skipped one level. I went into come out with a set on the spot. :O

Yet, it was amazing. I just saw the song and decided I will be slightly more comfortable playing them. It seemed to have the theme love. A theme that really seems to be the Rhema word. Love.

Also, lesson to be learnt. Be prepared. Anything can happen 0.0!!

Another lesson which is more practical, and that takes a while to digest is that God uses those who are available. Since I reached at 5.30 to open the door for Honour. I was available and present and then used. Availability.

Then again, I don't know what to think of with all these impromptu acts that have affected me. A lot of first within this few days and perhaps this means I am been prepared to slowly going to take up a lot more responsibility? Dk why God has been throwing me into the water as of late. Sure has a plan, but I too blur to figure out :/

No comments: