Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Is this a sad essay??

Hm.. I was actually thinking about talking about my National Final experience again, but talk about so many times. I also sian le lah.. So I took time out and wrote a very reflective essay. The topic is: A time when you felt guilty.... (though I think my essay like got no link lah)

Enjoy my essay :D

Today, I woke up knowing that there was no school. I took out a notebook and pen and went to sit under the peach tree my aunt planted before she left for United Kingdom. I saw the wonder of the world just sitting in my backyard. With the shade, and peaceful silence and the pristine fragrance of the flowers, I soon started to reflect about myself. The world we live in passes so fast that sometimes we just go with the flow, never knowing what we are doing. But today was different, I was able to recede in that big peach tree and reflect on myself.

I have always been taught to stand back up every time I fall. I am always been taught to impact the lives of others. To help one other, to love one another, and to do the best in everything we have been given. But there are lesson in life that you needed to learn from experiences.

In everyone’s life, there should always be a mentor whom will love you, believe in you and teach you all they know. I had one just like that, he has influence me a lot. Passing down his knowledge into me, helping me become a better person and now I feel a mini version of him.

It starting just like any other ordinary day, waking up to go to school and coming home to do homework. However things took a twist later on in the day, my mentor sent me a message saying that he will be moving on, that he was not my leader anymore, and that our journey together ends and wishing me the best for my future.

I was at a loss of words when I read it. I did not know what I had to do, I felt like as though I lost all direction in my life. I felt as though my whole world had collapsed, everything felt so unstable.

It was just the other day we had dinner together when he told me these words, “I want you to know that I love you, and am willing to die for you. I believe in you, you will reach great heights in your life. I want you to be fearless and courage, be strong in everything you do.”

Yet I was actually not giving him my full attention, I was distracted and now, he is gone. I regret not giving him my full attention. He even asked me this question, “What is the one thing you have learnt and applied from me in these 3 years?”

I had great difficulty in answering that, I knew and had great knowledge about life, but had I given him my total respect and treated his words as precious gold? I had to slur my answer out but inside of me. I feel extremely guilty inside, but what done can’t be undone. That was unknowingly, my last meeting with him.

It is a dinner that I am not going to forget anytime soon. Not because the pizza were great, not because of the company then, not because something earth-shaking happened there. But because of those life changing words that have been spoken into my life.

I have learnt that everyone will one day go their separate ways. I have learnt that we must appreciate each other, every moment of our lives because time is running short. Love each other, to do things with your best. If not, one day, you could end up in my shoes. Feeling guilty, regretting my actions.

No comments: