Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reflection on 2009 (Studies Only)

Well, I am putting this on my blog. It is suppose to be homework and yes, but this can also be a blog post so ya, i will paste it here too... then submit to teacher :D

Everything seems to have past so quickly, I am now in sec 4 and will be taking my O’levels in a few months time. In a blink of an eye, so many things have changed, either for the better or the worse.
Year 2009 has been a really difficult year for many of us, maybe due to the huge amount of people in the class. Maybe it was the level of difficulty in our subjects. Maybe some of us won’t prepared for sec 3. But we need to learn to adapt to that quick pace.

Honestly, I do not really think 2009 was a very good year, especially in the beginning. I faced my difficulties and was not able to cope with so many trainings and my studies. So Year 2009 was really very tough year for me. The subjects were not as easy to grasps, the training were longer, tougher and also more often. And at the end of the term 1, my studies were really bad. It felt like it reached a new low for me. I had never failed 5 subjects out of 8 before in my whole school life before and it soon sparked a small revival that ended up saving my sec 3 life.

In term 2, I got help from my friends who were good in certain subjects, like Chemistry, Social Studies and Chinese, to help me. And that seemed to pay off as one to one tuition seems more effective than a teacher teaching a whole class of 47, as the teacher would not be able to focus on the progress of each pupil. Well, maybe not every subject improved drastically as no one is able to do magic, but my Social Studies really improved, bit by bit and by the time we took our mid-year examinations. I only failed 4, so it was an improvement of 1 subject. Yet it still meant that I had failed 4 subjects and it is not good looking still as in O’levels, you can’t fail 4 subjects!! So i still had a lot of work to do then. And in the first semester, Soccer really took a lot of my time as many of our games were postponed due to lightning. Then it was heartbreak when we lost in the West zone final someday near to our mid-year exams, but thankfully, I got over that defeat quite quickly and was able to do my exams. Though the results were not that good, they were slightly improving. So that more or so sums up the first part of that year.

Then after the June holidays, things began to pick up. I began to study more, and put more effort in my studies as there was no point complaining that the subjects were too difficult. My Sciences were rather poor and I do agree it nearly reached rocked bottom during term 3. Biology was badly neglected in the first semester due to soccer and it was rather hard to catch up and many people were also weak in biology, even weaker than me, so it was not easy getting help from them. Chemistry was getting harder and harder to understand and Physics seemed the worse case of all, I did not understand a single thing since the start of the year and Mr Chan’s pace was really too fast despite him saying, it is not.... So Physics was rather bad. But things did begin to pick up slightly, as I studied the subjects on my own and juggled soccer together with my studies pretty well, I would say. And by the end of term 3, my subjects were much better. Failing only Chinese and Physics, but there is still room for improvements!!

So in term 4, it was the make or break term for many of us. The examination would be the only hope for many of us to save anything from a bad year for many of us and I was really working hard, staying back in school and practice Maths. And I think the practice paid off rather well, the grades jumped quite a lot. My Social Studies and history improved too!! That was the subject that I topped the whole school in, and I am really happy that I managed to do something not easy to be obtained. Though I can still improve!! And well, I am thankful that I savaged the year with a comeback at the end of the year.

But Year 2009 has taught me many things, it taught me that one might need to reach rock bottom to pick oneself up again. It also taught me that you need to balance your time really well and that we can’t slack in upper sec had time passes very quickly in that year. It shows me that I can do it, and I have the potential!! I can do well for my O’levels!! I just got to try my best!! :D

Haha.. Not bad rite!! :D I can do it.. :D


P.s This is my homework so it sounds like I very good.. Or I really got reflect but all crap nia... Just read for fun :D

No comments: